Levels Chardonnay 2014

Levels Chardonnay 2014

$35.00

GOLD MEDAL – HAWKE’S BAY A&P WINE AWARDS 2015

SILVER MEDAL – AIR NEW ZEALAND WINE AWARDS 2015

Out of stock

Tasting Notes

Our younger Mendoza clone Chardonnay located on the strip of stoney beach gravels between our Te Awanga cellar door and the Pacific Ocean makes up 80% of our 2014 Levels Chardonnay. The remaining 20% was a single new barrel of Clone 6 Chardonnay from our gnarly old vines by the driveway. Picked at 24 and 23 brix respectively on the 11th day of March these grapes were some of the most concentrated and flavoursome we’ve ever come across.

Not for the faint hearted this Single Vineyard Te Awanga Chardonnay is a refined beast! Our Assistant Winemaker Bryce Edmonds describes it as being the best wine he’s ever had a hand in producing. The wine is comprised of 5 barrels with 2 new, 2 one year old and 1 two year old. 100% Malo-Lactic fermentation and weekly barrel stirring impart this wine with richness and texture. The concentrated flavours of ripe peach and pineapple are sustained forever on the palate from a refined yet invigorating acidity. Drink now or cellar for 10 years +. The best of one of Hawke’s Bay’s ultimate Chardonnay vintages.

Tasting Notes